Woolf McClane Attorney J. Keith Coates moderated the September 26, 2012 “Fair Labor Standards Act in Tennessee” Seminar sponsored by Lorman Education Services and held at the Holiday Inn-West, Knoxville, Tennessee. This seminar was designed for human resource managers, payroll managers, presidents, vice presidents, controllers, office managers, accountants and attorneys.
About the Seminar
Employee lawsuits and government agency enforcement actions for wage and hour violations are at an all-time high, especially in Tennessee. Penalties on even small errors can be extremely costly for your business. This seminar provided information you need to stay current on the latest rules and regulations and to keep your labor costs down.
In today’s competitive environment, your ability to effectively, economically and lawfully manage your company’s payroll is paramount. This seminar gave essential guidance and insight needed to avoid missteps in this minefield of federal and state laws. It provided helpful information on:
- determining which employees are exempt from federal and state wage and hour law
- finding out what compensable working time really is
- learning how policies and practices can avoid or minimize claims, lawsuits and class actions
- calculating overtime properly – every time
About J. Keith Coates Jr. — Moderator
- Primary areas of practice include employment and labor law litigation, and general commercial litigation
- Represents clients in state and federal court proceedings and before the EEOC, NLRB, U.S. Department of Labor and various state administrative agencies
- J.D. degree, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, University of Tennessee College of Law; B.A. degree, with honors, University of the South
- Can be contacted at 865-215-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org